“Is my child ready for elementary school?” If you’re the parent of a young child, or children, chances are you’ve asked yourself this question. In today’s world, we want to make sure that we’re giving our children every advantage and opportunity that we can, and that means ensuring that their education begins early—and gets off to the right start.
We want our children to be ready to face the challenges of life and the ever-changing world around them. Today’s kids benefit from being entrepreneurial and adaptable. They need to be makers and doers, not just thinkers.
That’s why many schools, including the new Everbrook Academy in Closter, are embracing the STEAM philosophy (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math). This educational approach is defined by project-based learning and integration of the arts and sciences. Project-based learning connects academic skills to practical application, so learning is meaningful to children’s lives.
Through STEAM, children develop the skills and attributes to navigate the world around them.
· Science nurtures inquisitive minds and inspires curiosity.
· Technology encourages working with tools (both digital and otherwise).
· Engineering promotes problem-solving skills.
· The Arts help children express ideas and communicate.
· Math guides children to apply logic and understanding to systems.
Everbrook Academy in Closter is a new, modern preschool, here to support 21st century leaners and their families, where STEAM brings the world into every classroom to educate future leaders and innovators. They offer programs for infants, toddlers, Preschool, and school-age students.
Opening this winter, children will get ready for school and parents get peace of mind. It starts with following CDC guidance, as well as local and state authorities, for a healthy, safe environment when your child is away from home. Their robust procedures include:
· Conducting regular temperature and wellness checks
· Limiting classroom access
· Wearing masks when working with children
· Washing hands and sanitizing surfaces more frequently
*** SPECIAL ***
Open: M-F, 6:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Ages: 6 Weeks - 12 Years