“Without the NO’s, the YES’s cannot exist. Growth cannot occur. Change cannot happen.
Life on the flip side of endings is simply the next chapter in the story of who you are.”
~ Randi Levin Coaching
It’s not linear.
Life is a series of open and shut doors and forks in the road. It is a messy sequence of intersecting pathways and decisions. Our ability to navigate life with success and gusto is predicated on the choices we make…over and over again. That ability resides in today; new day, new choices. There is a sweetness that exists on the flip side of endings. Perhaps it sounds cliché, yet endings really do jumpstart beginnings. You just need to cross the threshold between the two. That is the hardest part.
Here are 3 ways to stay in motion between the No’s and the Yes’s in your life:
1. Calendar in gratitude and success: Every Sunday night give yourself 30-60 minutes to reset your perspectives. Ask and answer the following questions:
- What am I happy about this week? What worked? How can I do more of that?
- Who or what am I thankful for? How does that make me feel? Did I express that?
- What were the highlights of my week?
Once you answer those questions use your calendar to lean into more of the things that worked best. Make time to thank others, reward yourself for the successes and wins you did incur by doing something you love, and planning for it. This habit of being mindful of the positives will support you in doing more YES driven activities. Build upon this action step every Sunday by also reflecting on the gratitude and success action steps that you are committing to. This will switch your mind -and - heart conversation to a more positive and accepting one.
2. Find your next great thing: Remember that on the flip side of an ending is the opportunity to drive a new possibility. As humans, we get caught up in that next thing being something that we can be successful at and master in the short run and ours fears of not accomplishing that often blocks us from taking on the task at all. So, if you are like most people and you are making a ton of excuses for not writing that book, or seeking that new job, or starting to date again, or trying something you have never done before…STOP.
Your next great thing or things are just over the bridge between your excuses and your actions. You have the time, money, or knowledge to have some small piece of what you are dreaming about! Seek out that small piece. Begin. Start. What can you do right now? Where can you say YES to YOU? Tap into this every morning and reflect on it at the end of each day. At the end of the week string together all the small steps you took. I know you will be closer to manifesting what’s now and what’s next in your life!
3. Balance TODAY: Today is your day! It is the only one that you have in which to make choices and decisions that will successfully alter the legacy you most desire. Balance is about your relationship to yourself and your relationship to the variables in your life in the current moment. Which means that every day is a new opportunity to rebalance and reset your success. Get in the habit of asking yourself these two important questions each day and documenting your answers:
- In the morning ask yourself: How can I USE today? List 3 ways.
- In the evening ask yourself: How did I USE today? Track your results.
Repeated each day, this practice will enable you to not only more effectively use each and every day, but it will also make you mindful of what you are allowing into your life and where you are spending your time and energy. It will allow you the space and place to step forward into life on the flip side of whatever ending you have endured.
For more on how to balance your life, especially after an ending, take my FREE How to Balance Your Life self-guided challenge. Click here to download it for free.
Randi Levin CPC, founder & CEO, Randi Levin Coaching – is a nationally recognized transitional life strategist, Fortune 500 keynote, author, and reinvention expert. Randi supports women in becoming legends in their own lives! She works with emerging entrepreneurs and women in transition to redefine their legacy so that they can move from wanting success to living successfully. Randi is a legacy catalyst employing the power of today to curate, design, and drive choice and limitless growth. She is a relatable resource and an action-oriented coach building upon her 15 years in Corporate America, her tenure as a stay-at-home super mom, and her successful reinvent and pivot as an entrepreneur and sought-after life strategist. Randi Levin Coaching is widely quoted and featured in top media outlets and she is regularly a featured guest expert on podcasts, radio, and women’s panels. You may have seen her quoted or as a contributor in Thrive Global, HuffPost, Reader’s Digest, Business Insider, American Express OPEN Forum, Working Mother Magazine, Better After 50, or Covey Club. Her workshops have been featured in The Wall Street Journal and Randi is the creator of The Personal Success Accelerator System and a contributing author in the anthology series Get RESULTS!