Spring is a busy time for most families. Everyone is running around with multiple kids and activities and someone is always hungry!
Here are some easy snacks to prepare that the whole family will love:
1. Make your own trail mix and put in snack size baggies. Individual portioned nuts, nuts, seeds and dried fruit
2. Sliced up veggies and individual hummus containers or their favorite dips or nut butters.
3. Pack some fresh fruit that doesn't have to be refrigerated like banana's apples, pears
4. Fresh sliced fruit and nut butters or sunflower butters in little containers to dip with.
5. High quality granola bars
6. High quality fruit and nut bars such as “ Pure bars, Lara bars”
7. Crunchy dried veggies and fruits
8. Cheese preferably organic and raw it’s easier to digest with crackers or rice cakes
9. High quality high fiber low sugar cereals such as Barbara's Bakery puffins
10. Yogurt preferably organic, applesauce, fruit sauce
Tracee Yablon Brenner, RDN, CHHC, is a registered dietitian nutritionist and culinary professional with a Culinary Arts degree from Johnson and Wales University. Tracee is partner and Culinary Director at Triad to Wellness Consulting providing recipe and product development, food quality and product testing, product nutrient analysis, as well as marketing communications and promotional strategy.
Tracee has over 20 years experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist working in culinary nutrition, nutrition therapy and coaching, as well as nutrition communications. Tracee co-authored two books Simple Foods for Busy Families and Great Expectations: Best Foods for your Baby & Toddler.