10. Commercials, commercials & more commercials
9. No fighting with the hub over what to watch on TV; it’s a given
8. Comfy jersey's and sweats are the must-wear attire
7. There are no courses…bring it all on together
6. Paper plates, cups, & napkins (No dirty dishes to worry about post-game)
5. Everyone helps themselves...whenever they please
4. No fancy schmancy dishes allowed! Pigs in a blanket, Heros and bowls of chili
3. Bartender who?? - Bring on the drink station with beer & pitchers of margarita
2. Lady Gaga gets halftime
1. Sloppy Joe Sliders, classic & trendy, and a dish I make over again and again!
*Sloppy Joes Sliders*
Serves - 12
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion grated
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
Fixings - Shredded cheddar, coleslaw, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes potato chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap rolls in foil tightly and warm for about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile heat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high and add ground beef and grated onion and start to brown.
Add in tomato sauce, ketchup and mustard.
Stir around and let simmer for about ten minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
Scoop onto buns and enjoy
*Nic’s Tip – For an adult version, toss away the buns and fill the meat into hollowed out bell peppers. Sprinkle on a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Nicole Meyer is author of the cookbook, Cups Sticks & Nibbles, and the owner of Nibbles By Nic, a "Cooking Party by Design" business. She has been involved in the "world of food" for the past five years developing great recipes, blogging, food styling and writing articles for various periodicals. Food is ALWAYS present in her daily life from simple snacks to celebrations. Her philosophy is cooking should be "stress-free," "simple" & "fun!!!" She concentrates on healthful, yet realistic cooking with tasty and modern-day twists for every meal. Nicole has been a guest on the Chew, Rachael Ray and Steve Harvey. She has been featured in Taste At Home Magazine, Simple & Delicious, Long Island Pulse and appeared with the Cake Boss and The Mob Wives on various occasions. At the end of the day her career is about fulfilling her passion of the culinary arts and sharing with all those who love food as much as she does.